BUILDING Energy Efficiency in Nepal (BEEN) is a four-year project with funding support from European Union under its SWITCH-Asia Programme. Universität Innsbruck (Austria) in partnership with MinErgy Private Limited (Nepal), Greentech Knowledge Solutions Pvt Ltd (India) and Asociación Española de Normalización (Spain) is implementing this project with an overall objective to contribute to the development of low-carbon and resource-efficiency in the Nepalese building sector by integrating energy efficiency (EE) and renewable energy (RE) measures in design and construction of new buildings and in retrofitting of existing buildings.
BEEN is carrying out Performance Monitoring(PM) of various buildings adopting Energy-Efficient (EE) measures/solutions to quantify the thermal performance and its energy usage. This study will also assist in the monitoring of passive and active strategies used in the building.
To quantify the effectiveness of the EE measures/solutions, key measuring parameters such as air temperature, relative humidity, globe temperature, surface temperature, infiltration rate, lux level measurement, etc. will be monitored during the performance monitoring period. For this purpose, MinErgy Private Limited (MinErgy) invites applications for “INTERNSHIP” from individuals.
Freshly Graduated or Final Year Student – Bachelor’s in Architecture or Mechanical Engineering
1. Data Collection and monitoring of key performance metrics as specified by BEEN.
2. Reporting and Documentation:
2.1 Pre-Performance Monitoring:
• Information collection and documentation of general site/space information (key physical elements at the site), opening schedules, list of the equipment used, and its schedules. Documentation formats will be provided by BEEN.
• Coordinate with BEEN to carry out calibrations of the equipment, if required.
2.2 During Performance Monitoring:
• S/He should maintain comprehensive documentation of the placements of the instruments and monitoring activities.
• S/He should download data, and generate a report summarizing the data to the BEEN Focal person daily.
• S/He should ensure the proper functioning of monitoring equipment (sensors, data loggers, etc) to maintain the accuracy and reliability of collected data.
• Identifying, notifying, and resolving any issues that may occur during the monitoring period and maintaining continuous monitoring. These issues causing inconsistency should be reported.
• Ensure readiness to address urgent issues affecting building performance monitoring.
• Ensure that monitoring systems and activities comply with the guidelines provided by BEEN.
2.3 Post-Performance Monitoring:
• Assist in analyzing and reporting the findings.
• Assist in preparing final reports.
What We Offer:
Offered Salary: As per organizations policy
Duration: 1 month
Timing: 8 hours per day (9:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
Instructions to Apply:
Interested one are requested to forward their CV and application at email@example.com
Applications shall be submitted by 5:00 pm on 31st January 2024 attaching all the required documents and writing a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ““Application for the position of Intern”. Interviews/evaluation will be done on rolling basis and if found, a suitable candidate may be hired immediately.